Safety Trainer-Nassau County, NY
Location: New Rochelle
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Overview:Hiring Immediately for a Safety Trainer in Garden City,
NY Starting Annual Salary $64,000
The Safety Trainer performs classroom and behind the wheel
training, to include but not limited to Operator Development
Program, remedial training, new equipment familiarization training,
and safety meeting. Works directly with the Safety and Training
Manager(s) with compliance, training documentation, and safety
- Ensures new student operators are thoroughly trained in the
safe and efficient handling of vehicles and equipment to exceed
- Ensures that all trainees are trained on all routes.
- Monitors the progress of trainees to ensure proper training.
Ensures all employee training records are in compliance with
- Responsible for the direct supervision of students.
- Ensures Operator Development Program (ODP) is followed and
properly delivered to include updates when necessary.
- Performs new equipment familiarization, refresher, and
- May assist with reviews of DriveCam/SmartDrive events,
including counseling of operators.
- Acts as a resource to provide employees with expert information
on operation of equipment.
- Assists with ride checks as needed.
- Recommends safer methods, procedures, and preventative
- May be cross-trained to investigate accidents and incidents
involving company property, equipment, and personnel.
- Performs related work as required and other tasks as
- Some domestic travel may be required.Qualifications:
- High school Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and two
years transit related experience and/or training. College
- Valid Class B CDL, w/ passenger endorsement. An excellent motor
vehicle record must be maintained.
- Strong communication skills are required, including written and
verbal skills. Bilingual communication skills are a plus.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence
as well as reports.
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and
PowerPoint is necessary. Other basic computer skills are required
including email and database software programs.
- Thorough knowledge of the basic laws, ordinances, resolutions,
and regulations governing transit operations.
- Thorough knowledge of occupational hazards and safety/training
- 19A Certification or ability to attain 19A certification within
one year of hire.
- 19A certified examiner preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representatives of those that must be met by the employee to
successful perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- 70% of work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or
well ventilated facilities.
- 30% of work is accomplished outside or in a vehicle.
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of
the arms, repetitive hand-wrist motion, and legs and moving the
whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking,
stooping, and handling of passengers and materials
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee
frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is
occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or
airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibrations
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Must submit to drug testing and a background check
For more information please visit our website at
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check
Keywords: transdevna, New Rochelle , Safety Trainer-Nassau County, NY, Other , New Rochelle, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!