Posted on: November 25, 2022
Overview:Hiring Immediately for Paratransit Reservationists
Reservationists are responsible for booking trips for ADA
paratransit service for the handicap and disable community.
Providing clients with timely, accurate, and courteous customer
assistance and information to the public
daily.Responsibilities:Reservationists are responsible for booking
trips for ADA paratransit service for the handicap and disable
community. Providing clients with timely, accurate, and courteous
customer assistance and information to the general public daily.
Work requires reservationists to exercise judgement to ensure
compliance with established policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Reservationists are required to maintain sensitivity and patience
to a diverse group of individuals including the elderly and persons
of disability in a demanding call center environment. Work involves
a large amount of verbal communication, by telephone; attention to
detail to prevent errors; good problem solving skills, and the use
of various computer software applications and phone system.
Position is under the direct supervision of the Call Center
Supervisor. All telephone calls are recorded and monitored for
quality assurance & training purposes and will be used in employee
Essential Job Functions:
- Receive inbound client calls
- Book reservations for paratransit service
- Provide prompt and courteous customer service to inquiries from
the general public
- Work closely with the dispatchers to ensure on-time performance
and efficiency of service
- Verify and update passenger information, locations, addresses,
and special comments using system software
- Advise potential applicants of the eligibility requirements and
assist them as instructed;
- Prepare applications to be sent out to perspective
- Maintain sensitivity and patience to a diverse group of
- Email/fax client's certification information for visitor
requests to other transit agencies within the nation;
- Intake customer complaints and document to appropriate
department personnel for resolution
- Must be reliable and maintain regular attendance to assure
efficient and effective performance of job duties
- Maintains various logs and produces reports as assigned
- Perform other job related duties assigned by
- Ability to acquire a working knowledge of Nassau Inter-County
Express service area.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and
in written form.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in pressure
situations with fellow employees, supervisors, dispatchers, and bus
operators to attain the best possible transit service for
- Ability to operator standard office machines including, but not
limited to, fax, copy machine, printers, scanner, computer,
telephone and label makers.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Typing speed of at least 35 wpm required; Excellent speed and
- You must be able to pass a drug test and a criminal background
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, work hours may
include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, with various shifts and
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representatives of those that must be met by the employee to
successful perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- 100 % of work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or
well ventilated facilities.
- Work is accomplished in an office or in a cubicle space
equipped with a telephone and computer.
- The employee is generally subjected to long periods spent
sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen.
Must submit to drug testing and a background check.
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator
of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail,
streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed
to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities
through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent
company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and
integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities. www.transdevna.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check. Associated topics:
attendant, client service, community and social services,
fundraiser, guest, registrar, sale, service, violence, youth
Keywords: transdevna, New Rochelle , Reservationist, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!