Community Health Worker
Company: Destination Tomorrow
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Destination Tomorrow believes that it is more helpful to empower
our most vulnerable LGBTQ+ community members in a way that takes
them off the path of needing emergency care. The organization
emphasizes economic, social, and mental empowerment through a
variety of holistic educational, financial, support-based, housing,
and health programs.
The COVID-19 Community Health Outreach Worker is the entry level of
work providing health and disease prevention information to
medically underserved populations in the LGB and TGNCGNB community,
assisting these individuals in adopting healthy behaviors.
Employees in this classification do not supervise AND must be
willing to work 2 weekends per month.
*Duties and Responsibilities*
* Provide direct community outreach and health educational programs
to targeted populations.
* Participate in health fairs, neighborhood community activities,
screenings, and special events.
* Refer individuals to Destination Tomorrow for services.
* Conduct cultural, LGBTQ sensitivity trainings
* Support in identifying health and social priorities for the
communities DT serves, including a review of community-level data
on health disparities and identifying priorities using
community-based knowledge and intelligence.
* Support in establishing a COVID-19 resource inventory of
vaccination and testing sites in the neighborhood.
* Support in developing a partner engagement plan for the Mott
Haven neighborhood that outlines the neighborhood
coalition-building activities and direct community services.
* Assist in the planning and coordination of community health fairs
* Assist in the development and implementation of a marketing
campaign to the community served by Destination Tomorrow.
* Provide patient peer counseling on specific topics as directed by
social worker, case management, and the Director of Outreach.
* Maintain comprehensive documentation for data collection and
provide statistical data and/or reports per grant requirements.
* Demonstrates a clear understanding of Destination Tomorrow
mission, purpose, and philosophy.
* Maintains confidentiality of all agency and patient related
information. Protects patient rights as defined in the patient Bill
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $48,000.00 per year
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* 8 hour shift
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Destination Tomorrow, New Rochelle , Community Health Worker, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!