Careers Teaching Assistant
Company: The Knowledge House
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Start Date: * Immediately
*Employment Type: *This is a part-time position
*Location: *New York City preferred, Atlanta, Los Angeles,
*Reports to: * Lead Instructor
*TKH General Overview*
The Knowledge House's mission is to empower and sustain a talent
pipeline of technologists, entrepreneurs, and digital leaders, who
will uplift their communities out of poverty.
The Knowledge House (TKH) approach is to (1) close gaps in the
education-to-employment pipeline in underserved Bronx neighborhoods
by teaching young adults aged 16-24 skills to launch careers or
ventures in technology, and (2) support links between local youth,
tech innovation, and business development that bring positive
community impact. Headquartered in the South Bronx, the poorest
congressional district, TKH has served more than 1,900 students.
Current core programs include our Innovation Fellowship focused on
software engineering, cyber security, and web design for adult job
trainees, and our Karim Kharbouch Coding Fellowship for high school
students learning computational thinking and web design.
*Benefits of working at The Knowledge House: *
* Apply your teaching and learning expertise to address the
knowledge and skills gap to low income and underrepresented
communities nationwide (we are rapidly expanding in NYC, Newark,
Atlanta, and LA)
* Be part of a fast-moving and tech-enabled organization that's
building the next generation of tech entrepreneurs, technologists,
* Join a startup where every team member is expected to contribute
to strategy, create solutions and improve organizational
* Flexible schedule hours within required evening class times and
team meeting requirements; ability to work from home for part of
The TKH Career Teaching Assistant will be primarily responsible for
the following activities for the 2022 Innovation Fellowship cohort.
These include, but are not limited to the following:
* *Assisting Teaching and Student Support*
* Assist in the conducting of 1 weekly four hour course to a large,
multi-track cohort of Innovation fellows between the hours of
5:30-9:30pm on Thursdays during the academic year.
* Assist in the conducting of 1 monthly one hour workshop during
evening hours to a large class of fellows from both the Innovation
Fellowship and Karim Kharbouch Coding Fellowship.
* All assistant duties include management tasks including drafting
and posting assignments on Google Classroom, uploading resources
and class recordings to Google Classroom, taking attendance,
support of instruction, and implementation of both guided and
unguided labs via Zoom.
* Review student feedback and troubleshoot class issues during team
* Review video assignments, and provide feedback and grades
according to rubrics and lead instructor guidance
* *Class Reporting Duties and Deliverables*
* Work with the lead instructor to compile all student attendance,
incident reports, lab submission rates and grades, weekly
assignment submission rates and grades, and project deliverable
submission rates and grades.
* Prepare to review reports during weekly Cohort Check-in.
* *Recruitment & Pretraining Support*
* Help recruitment staff in supporting info sessions and workshops
* Working knowledge of workforce development, adult education,
and/or eLearning curriculum design, with preference to those who
have undergone career training similar to TKH's content and
* Proficiency in Google Apps, Google Classroom and MS Office
(Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) desired
* Experience working in classroom environments
* Excellent time management
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and people
* Experience teaching, mentoring, or tutoring is a plus
* Excellent writing skills for content creation activities
* LMS understanding (Classrooms, Attendance, Grades, etc..)
*Schedule Requirements: *
Candidates must be available for the specific weekly events
* Weekly department meeting: Tuesdays 4:00-5:00pm ET
* Weekly class time: Thursday 5:30-9:30pm ET
* Weekly team meeting: Mondays 10:00-11:00am ET (prefered but not
* Office hours with fellows: Friday & weekend (time of day is
The remaining weekly hours are flexible.
The compensation for this part-time role is a flat monthly rate of
$1,500/month for an expected -15-hour workweek. In the event that
special projects arise, there may be opportunities to work up to 10
additional hours in a week.
*To ensure employee and student safety, as of January 1, 2022, all
TKH employees are mandated to be fully vaccinated against
It is the policy of The Knowledge House, Inc. to promote and
provide equal employment opportunity without discrimination based
on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic
predisposition, or carrier status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $1,500.00 per month%58047475%
Keywords: The Knowledge House, New Rochelle , Careers Teaching Assistant, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!