Special Education Teacher
Company: Legacy College Preparatory Charter School
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Legacy College Prep Special Education Teacher*
Legacy College Prep, a new charter school located in the South
Bronx, invites energetic educators to apply to the position of
Special Education Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. The school
is founded on the belief that all students, regardless of their
previous education or zip code they were born into, can learn and
achieve at high levels when held to the highest expectations. It is
our mission to ensure that all students have access to a
high-quality education that puts them on a path to college
graduation a lifetime of expanded opportunities.
The school will continue adding one grade each year until we are a
fully enrolled 9-12 charter school. We are looking for high
capacity, energetic, detail oriented, and fun-loving individuals to
join our team.
The Special Education Teacher is a full-time position working on
the Student Supports Team. The person in this position is
responsible for overseeing the pre-referral and referral process of
special education, as well as overseeing the creation of, and
execution of, IEPs and 504 plans for students with special needs.
The Learning Specialist will have an instructional role within the
school co-teaching and providing pull-out services for English
- Create and execute lessons for small groups of students that meet
their IEP goals.
- Collaborate with general education teachers to create and execute
lessons that support all students, including those with IEPs or 504
- Assist with the creation, execution, and modification of IEPs and
504 plans. Communicating with the District's Committee for Special
Education (CSE) as needed.
- Collaborate with Dean of Student Supports and general education
teachers in coordinating schedules, modifications, and
accommodations for all students with special needs.
- Assist the Dean of Student Supports with managing the
- Assist Dean of Student Supports in facilitating professional
development related to modifications and accommodations for
students with special needs
- Assist in the Response to Intervention (RTI) process, and any
- Manage parent relationships for students on your case load
receiving special education services.
- Unwaveringly high expectations for all students with the belief
that every child should have access to a college education.
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred
- Valid New York State Special Education Certification is
- Ability to collaborate effectively with classroom teachers.
- Ability to stay organized and effective despite a highly variable
- Track record of supporting students with special needs achieving
high levels of growth.
*Salary & Benefits*
Legacy College Prep offers a competitive salary and comprehensive
*Commitment to Diversity*
As an equal opportunity employer, Legacy College Prep hires without
consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin,
age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status,
disability, or any other category protected.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Bronx, NY 10456: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
* Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
* Special Education Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Legacy College Preparatory Charter School, New Rochelle , Special Education Teacher, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!