DIC MRI Tchnl - Contrast IV
Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: January 23, 2023
- Performs thorough screening of patients prior to procedure.
- Ensures no metal objects accompany patient into procedure
- Checks patient creatinine level and calculates glomerular
filtration rate (GFR) to determine if patient can receive IV
- Reviews and ensures accuracy of screening forms completed by
patient, including the IV contrast materials information sheet.
- Prepares patients for examination.
- Explains procedures and sets up equipment to administer the
proper procedure in a timely fashion.
- Ensures that a consent form for IV contrast materials has been
- Performs MRI procedures to include: abdominal, thoracic,
neurological exams, extremities, sub-periosteal implant planning,
radiation therapy treatment planning, biopsies etc.
- Prepares patient for exam by placing and positioning patient on
exam table within the gantry.
- Enters patient history data and other pertinent information
obtained from a requisition completed by Radiologist to include
anatomical area of interest.
- Select, determine and ensure appropriate radiofrequency and
image coil is used based on the anatomical part being imaged.
Ensures proper coil positioning.
- Transmits cases to on-call Radiologist through use of
- Administers intravenous (IV) and oral contrast agents as per
- Verifies that there are no contraindications to administration
of the IV contrast agent. Calculates contrast dose based on
- Performs venipuncture of the appropriate gauge necessary for
- Explains in layman's terms the administration of IV contrast,
and completes the IV Contrast Information Sheet with information
provided by the patient, family member or health care
- Utilizes appropriate flush technique for existing IV line, if
needed and utilizes power injector to administer IV
- Recognizes and assists in the treatment contrast agent
reactions and IV extravasations. Performs related duties, as
- Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology program,
- New York State Department of Health licensure as a Radiologic
Technologist with certification in IV contrast administration,
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging R.T. (MR) (ARRT), required within
eighteen (18) months of entry date into position.
- Certified in Basic Life Support (BLS or BCLS),
- Prior radiology experience, required. Experience in MRI,
- Knowledge of MRI equipment and protocols, required.
Shift Details: Saturday/Sunday, 7:30am-4:30pm
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, New Rochelle , DIC MRI Tchnl - Contrast IV, Other , Syosset, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!