Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: January 23, 2023
- Prepares patient for examination.
- Positions patient on examination table for optimum testing
procedure and conditions;
- Explains procedure in easy-to-understand terms based on
professional knowledge to relieve patient of pre-testing
- Sets-up equipment to administer the particular procedure in a
- Performs ultrasound procedures.
- Recognizes the significance of all structures that are
visualized on the oscilloscope and differentiates artifacts from
normal or pathological processes in timely manner;
- Ensures that proper views and images have been obtained and
proper techniques have been employed; determines the need for more
extensive evaluations beyond preliminary instructions.
- Obtains pertinent radiological and diagnostic exam reports for
the physician, necessary for correlation with the ultrasound scan
- Consults with referring radiologist regarding patients previous
history and the appropriate ultrasonic procedure that is
- Correlates clinical history to ascertain that the appropriate
procedure is performed.
- Monitors patient condition
- Performs direct observation of the patient during the entire
- Recognizes and promptly reports to the physician, changes in
the patient*s condition and/or motor abnormality complaints by the
patient including: fainting discoloration etc.
- Maintains records and logs exams performed
- Documents accurately the slice location and labels study on the
- Ensures proper documentation of real-time studies on
- Performs minor repairs and frequent calibration checks and
adjusts ultrasound equipment when necessary
- Troubleshoots mechanical problems of the equipment by
performing minor repairs as necessary;
- Recognizes and reports major problems to appropriate personnel
to ensure prompt resolution.
- Maintains control of inventory and purchases of supplies for
- Checks completeness of purchase order requisitions;
- Reviews stock levels, storage locations and utilization of film
inventories and medical and surgical supplies
- Performs related duties, as required.
- Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound Technology program,
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer from the American
Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography, required.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, physics or diagnostic
ultrasound and familiarity with pertinent medical/surgical disease,
- Previous ultrasound technologist experience, required.
Shift Details: Monday-Friday 1130a-8pm; Saturday 8a-430p on a
rotational basis required
This position is eligible for a 10K Sign On Bonus!
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, New Rochelle , Ultrasound Technologist, Other , Syosset, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!