MRI Technologist w/ Contrast IV
Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Operates Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) equipment, prepares
patients for examination, and ensures that proper information has
been obtained for the physician to make a diagnosis. Assists in the
management of patient flow, data reconstruction and sending images
to PACS for physician*s diagnosis.
1. Performs thorough screening of patients prior to procedure.
* Ensures no metal objects accompany patient into procedure
* Checks patient creatinine level and calculates glomerular
filtration rate (GFR) to determine if patient can receive IV
* Reviews and ensures accuracy of screening forms completed by
patient, including the IV contrast materials information sheet.
2. Prepares patients for examination.
* Explains procedures and sets up equipment to administer the
proper procedure in a timely fashion.
* Ensures that a consent form for IV contrast materials has been
3. Performs MRI procedures to include: abdominal, thoracic,
neurological exams, extremities, sub-periosteal implant planning,
radiation therapy treatment planning, biopsies etc.
* Prepares patient for exam by placing and positioning patient on
exam table within the gantry.
* Enters patient history data and other pertinent information
obtained from a requisition completed by Radiologist to include
anatomical area of interest.
* Select, determine and ensure appropriate radiofrequency and image
coil is used based on the anatomical part being imaged. Ensures
proper coil positioning.
* Transmits cases to on-call Radiologist through use of
4. Administers intravenous (IV) and oral contrast agents as per
* Verifies that there are no contraindications to administration of
the IV contrast agent.
* Calculates contrast dose based on patient*s weight.
* Performs venipuncture of the appropriate gauge necessary for
* Explains in layman*s terms the administration of IV contrast, and
completes the IV Contrast Information Sheet with information
provided by the patient, family member or health care proxy.
* Utilizes appropriate flush technique for existing IV line, if
needed and utilizes power injector to administer IV contrast.
* Recognizes and assists in the treatment contrast agent reactions
and IV extravasations.
5. Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
* Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology program,
* New York State Department of Health licensure as a Radiologic
Technologist with certification in IV contrast administration,
* American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
* Magnetic Resonance Imaging R.T.(MR)(ARRT), required within
eighteen (18) of entry date into position.
* Certified in Basic Life Support (BLS or BCLS), required.
* Prior radiology experience, required. Experience in MRI,
* Knowledge of MRI equipment and protocols, required.
Shift Details: MONDAY AND Friday 130P-8P, SATURDAY 8A-430P /
This position is eligible for a 5K Sign On Bonus!
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, New Rochelle , MRI Technologist w/ Contrast IV, Other , Syosset, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!