Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Performs one of a number of tasks relating to the preparation and
service of food; the delivery and collection of food and supplies,
the appropriate operation of machinery and the sanitation of
specific areas of the department.
- * Prepares, packages, portions and serves food to patients or
cafeteria customers, as assigned.
- Prepares and arranges food according to guidelines.
- Handles food in accordance with sanitary regulations.
- Serves food while accurately filling requests.
- Works the tray line.
- Refrigerates and labels perishable food.
- * Transports food and supplies to designated areas within
hospital or cafeteria.
- Delivers food trays, nourishment, supplemental feedings and
supplies in an orderly and timely fashion.
- Delivers and sets up special functions.
- Collects used carts or trays and returns them to the
- Maintains a sufficient amount of each item to support
- * Operates machines used in the preparation of food or
sanitation of equipment and work area.
- Uses machines/equipment in a safe and efficient manner and
according to policies and procedures.
- * Maintains cleanliness of the work area.
- Mops floors, cleans equipment, utensils, work and service
areas, using detergents and germicides as required.
- Washes dishes and pots.
- Cleans and polishes stainless steel equipment.
- * Performs environmental service duties (i.e garbage
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Prior institutional food service experience,
- Ability to read, write and speak English, required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow instructions
Schedule: 11:30 AM - 7:30 PM. Must be available to work every other
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, New Rochelle , Dietary Aide, Other , Syosset, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!