CT/MRI Technl - Contrast IV
Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Operates Computed Tomography (CT) and/or Magnetic Resonance Imaging
(MRI) equipment, prepares patients for examination, ensures that
proper information has been obtained for the physician to make a
diagnosis. Assists in the management of patient flow and presents
images mounted for physicians diagnosis.
- * Prepares patients for examination.
- Explains procedure in easy-to-understand terms based on
professional knowledge to relieve patient of pre-testing
- Sets up equipment to administer the proper procedure in a
- Ensures consent form for I.V. contrast materials has been
- * Performs CT/MRI procedures to include: abdominal, thoracic,
all neurological exams, extremities, sub-periosteal implant
planning, radiation therapy treatment planning, biopsies, etc.
- Prepares patient for exam by placing patient on the exam table,
positioning within the gantry.
- Keys in patient history data and other pertinent information
obtained from a requisition completed by the Radiologist to include
anatomical area of interest, slice thickness and couch
- Calculates the number of scans to be obtained based on patient
size, and operates CT/MRI insuring that the required images were
obtained as ordered by the Radiologist.
- Locates Radiologist to review and ascertain whether additional
scanning is required.
- Transmits cases to on-call Radiologist through use of
- Operates equipment for the transfer of computed images to film,
the archival of disc memory to optical disk and/or a picture
archiving and communication system (PACS).
- * Administers intravenous (IV) and oral contrast agents as per
- Verifies that there are no contraindications to administration
of the IV contrast agent.
- Calculates contrast dose based on patients weight.
- Performs venipuncture of the appropriate gauge necessary for
- Explains, in laymans terms, the administration of IV contrast
and completes the IV Contrast Information Sheet with information
provided by the patient, family member or health care
- Utilizes appropriate flush technique for an existing IV
- Utilizes power injector to administer IV contrast.
- Recognizes and assists in the treatment contrast agent
- Recognizes and assists in the treatment of IV
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology
- New York State Department of Health licensure as a Radiologic
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Registered
Technologist (R.T.) required for positions filled after September
5, 2010. ARRT registration in Computed Tomography (CT) or Magnetic
Resonance Imaging (MR) required within eighteen (18) months of
entry date into position filled after September 5, 2010.
- Certification in IV Contrast Administration required within six
(6) months of entry date into position.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support certification, required.
- Previous experience as a Radiologic Technologist, required.
Previous CT or MRI experience, preferred.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, New Rochelle , CT/MRI Technl - Contrast IV, Other , Plainview, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!