Associate Patient Account Representative (PART-TIME)
Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Performs billing, collections, third party reimbursements, computer
data entry and retrieval. Helps in posting charges to accounts.
- Performs charge and payment entry; also performs coding and
ensures accurate completion of coding for all assigned physician
- Aids review of physicians coding and identify possible
conflicts in rules.
- Notifies physician when discrepancies are identified for
- Coordinates incoming mail with open queue charges to maintain
- Reads and interprets insurance explanation of benefits;
responds to insurance payer edits, rejections, and denials;
identifies cause of rejections and chooses most appropriate methods
to resolve them.
- Creates detailed, well-versed typed letters to insurances and
- Creates effective appeal packages to submit to
- Communicates in an effective professional manner when speaking
with insurances and patients.
- Maintains organized files of incoming and completed
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 0-1 years of relevant experience, required.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future. When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, New Rochelle , Associate Patient Account Representative (PART-TIME), Other , Bethpage, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!