Customer Service, Operations Specialist
Company: Baldor Food
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Since our beginnings as part of the iconic Greenwich Village retail store, Balducci's, Baldor has maintained its original promise - curate and deliver the best ingredients from around the world. For 25 years, we have served the food industry using cutting edge logistics to create a seamless customer experience. Our commitment to service and quality has made us the first choice in distribution for a diverse list of industry leaders that includes hotels, restaurants, county clubs, hospitals, nursing homes.
As an industry leader in wholesale, retail, and residential food distribution, Baldor Specialty Foods continues to grow and evolve at a rapid pace across all departments. The Customer Service / Operations Specialist is responsible for the overall management of any account assigned by Baldor Fish and day to day internal operations. This position requires a very high level of motivational and organizational skills, and leadership. A high level of knowledge of seafood, shellfish, and specialty products is essential to success. The position reports to the General Manager and is required to maintain accounts, develop strong customer relationships, visit clients, research products, keep in line with an industry trends, problem solve, maintain HAACP logs and other responsibilities they are assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintain Customer Service : Maintain the sales folder and phone to take sales orders and properly enter them, problem solve any ordering issues, direct questions to assigned sales persons and others.
* Ship orders : Ship orders using the programs and sytems available by Baldor to create an invoice. Check pricing as you ship and problem solve any issues with this process as they arise.
* Routing : Develop routes and assign drivers to those routes. Make sure delivery times for restaurants are accurate and that drivers are working efficiently throughout the day.
* Product Training: Develop product knowledge in order to educate, describe, promote and sell to customers to maximize profitability and growth.
* Reporting: Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans.
* Feedback to Management: Recommend changes in products, service, and policies by evaluating results and competitive landscape.
* Problem Solving: Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; develop solutions; prepare reports; making recommendations to management and listen to your customer.
* Training and Development: Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; review professional publications; establish professional networks; participate in professional societies and organizations.
* Support purchasing managers and operation managers when needed.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* 3+ years of successful sales / operations or related experience.
* Passion for and knowledge of produce and specialty food products.
* Strong selling skills including the management of target accounts and maintaining client relationships.
* Commitment to service quality and willingness to deliver top notch customer service.
* Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
* Self-motivated and persistent - "get it done mind-set".
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Time management, multi-tasking and prioritizing tasks.
* Strong Leadership and motivational skills.
* Highly Organized.
* Proficient use of Microsoft Office.
* Spanish language skills a plus.
Keywords: Baldor Food, New Rochelle , Customer Service, Operations Specialist, Other , Bronx, New York
here to apply!