Company: Allen Medical Staffing
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Provides information to diagnose patient illnesses by operating radiologic equipment to produce radiographs.
* Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
* Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
* Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
* Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
* Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
* Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
* Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media, administering first aid, and using the emergency cart.
* Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; developing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
* Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Use of Medical Technologies, Performing Diagnostic Procedures, Informing Others, Quality Focus, Planning, Technical Understanding, People Skills, Dependability, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Radiologic Technology, Analyzing Information
Keywords: Allen Medical Staffing, New Rochelle , Radiologic Technologist, Other , Bronx, New York
here to apply!