Company: Global Medical Response
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly
skilled emergency medical experts, pilots, dispatchers and
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is
at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and
foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams
deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas
of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We
provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services,
integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
It is the responsibility of the Call Taker functions primarily as a
call-taker telecommunicator and is responsible for receiving,
recording and effectively managing requests for ambulance
assistance/transport from various sources. The Call Taker will
offer pre-arrival instructions as indicated.
* Respond to customer needs accordingly.
* Understands and adequately implements the concepts of Emergency
Medical Dispatch as published in Principles of Emergency Medical
Dispatch (and as customized by GMR) as a minimum standard of
* Allocates EMS (Emergency Medical Services) resources properly as
the need arises by application of appropriate decision-making rules
and approved protocols.
* Responsible and accountable for completeness and accuracy of
paperwork related to his/her position prior to completion of
* Responsible for accurate and complete data entry for the shift.
This will also include State Run Report data entry as assigned.
* Responsible for generating applicable reports and checking for
* Assists in locating scene of incidents and selecting the safest,
fastest route to such scene using all available locator aids.
* Relays instructions from supervisors, messages and emergency
* Maintains a current working knowledge of all company policies,
procedures, rules, regulations, and memorandums.
* Follows established parameters/formats in receiving requests for
* Responsible for knowledge and use of equipment, including but not
limited to the computer, printers, 911 equipment, recording
devices, telephones, and other equipment as assigned by
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Maintain competency and enhances professional growth and
development through continuing education, conferences, and
* Maintain positive behaviors, approaches, attitude and commitment
to interpersonal service toward customers, visitors, and
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is
everyone's responsibility. It is the responsibility of every
computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security
policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security
training, when offered. Report information systems security
* Perform other duties as assigned
* One(1) Year as an EMS or Public Safety Dispatcher
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* Skilled in reading and writing English
* Ability to communicate clearly on the radio and telephone.
* Ability to record, transmit, and report information
* Ability to efficiently utilize all equipment assigned to
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Possess good typing skills with speed and accuracy necessary to
efficiently process emergency and nonemergency calls.
* Ability to understand basic computer applications.
Credentials/Licenses: - Job Description : WORKING CONDITIONS AND
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
* Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our
patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
* One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no
individual can alone.
* Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire
* Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and
preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
* Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in
how we do it.
* Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the
communities we serve.
Reports to: Communications Manager/Supervisor
If your passion assisting with helping the community in their time
of need where every second counts, apply today!
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and
providing for individuals with a disability.
Keywords: Global Medical Response, New Rochelle , Call Receiver, Professions , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!