Indirect Tax Consultant II - Multistate
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Are you a strategic and creative Indirect Tax professional who
likes solving complex state and local indirect tax issues within
sales & use and excise tax? Are you ready to make a greater impact
on organizations by combining tax consulting solutions and
innovative technology that align the tax function with business
We are looking for a sharp Senior Tax Consultant to join our
Indirect Tax team who is ready to take on new challenges and join
one of the largest State and Local tax practices in the United
What you'll do
As an Indirect Tax Senior Consultant within the Multistate Tax
Services group, you will be a valuable member on tax engagements
and provide state and local indirect tax planning, consulting, and
compliance services to a diverse client base in various industry
sectors. You will continue to grow your technical knowledge in
state and local indirect taxation by working on large complex tax
projects, have access to exceptional resources, and continue to
develop your supervisory/leadership skills. Responsibilities will
- Researching state and local indirect tax legislation and
assisting with drafting client responses and memos.
- Identifying opportunities to improve operational efficiency and
streamline work flow.
- Assisting with various state and local indirect tax consulting
projects including sales & use and excise tax overpayment reviews,
tax implications of sales and purchase transactions, audit defense
services, nexus planning, and voluntary disclosures.
- Assisting with engagement workflow management and supervising
tax consultants and interns on assigned engagements.
- Assisting with preparation of client billings and account
- Assisting with drafting new proposals for new and existing
- Coordinating with in-house tax preparation team within Deloitte
and with the clients' tax department.
- Performing a detailed technical review of state and local
indirect tax returns on select engagements.
Deloitte's Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is the largest State
and Local Tax (SALT) practice in the United States with more than
1,000 professionals nationwide. Our Multistate Tax professionals
include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry
personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and
technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax
experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with
the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our
specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect
tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use
tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax
review, and state tax controversy.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other related
- Experience with state and local indirect tax planning, tax
research, and tax analysis.
- Preparation and review experience of state and local indirect
- 3+ years' experience in state and local indirect tax (sales &
use and excise tax).
- Travel up to 10%. (While 10% of travel is a requirement of the
role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended
until further notice).
- One of the following accreditations obtained, or in process, or
must be able/willing to obtain: Licensed CPA in state of
practice/primary office, Licensed attorney, Enrolled Agent
- Limited Sponsorship is available.
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax or JD and/or LLM.
- Previous Big 4, large CPA firm experience, relevant industry or
state tax jurisdictional experience.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Leadership experience.
Keywords: Deloitte, New Rochelle , Indirect Tax Consultant II - Multistate, Professions , Jericho, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!