Company: Urban Pathways, Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Urban Pathways serves as the first point of contact for New York
City's most vulnerable residents - people living on the streets, in
subways, or in public areas. An innovative and data-driven leader,
Urban Pathways is known for the effectiveness of our "housing
first" approach. We engage individuals where they are in the cycle
of homelessness. Through outreach and drop-in center services,
transitional, long-term and permanent housing, and comprehensive
support services, Urban Pathways helps more than 2,000 homeless men
and women take control of their lives and find their way home.
Urban Pathways is a 501(C)3 non-profit organization. We seek to
hire talented and highly motivated individuals who will partner
with us to provide excellent service to our clients. Reporting to
the Program Director, the Director of Operations' duties
- Oversees and coordinates all maintenance, repair, fire safety
and security functions.
- Supervises security, maintenance and food service staff.
- Assesses and coordinates maintenance and security staff
training needs with Program Director.
- Completes and submits relevant reports and statistics in a
- Maintains all operations equipment and appliances in good
working order, and provides recommendations to the Program Director
for the repair, upgrade or replacement of furniture.
- Oversees and maintains the building's plumbing, heating,
cooling, electrical, telephone, and safety/emergency systems.
- Fulfills work orders and requests for repairs.
- Monitors performance of contracted services.
- Maintains inventory of materials and equipment.
- Maintains all warranties and service contracts.
- Performs simple repairs and routine upkeep, e.g., painting and
- Maintains all safety equipment.
- Attends supervision, meetings, and trainings as assigned.
- Operates Agency vehicle.
- Is on call to address needs on a twenty-four hour basis.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree
- Prior building management and/or supervisory experience
required, security experience preferred.
- Fire Safety Coordinator (FSC) & Security Guard License (SGL) is
required but a Fire Safety Director Certification is
- Ability to obtain fire safety certification within six months
of employment is required.
- Excellent plumbing, heating carpentry and electrical skills,
and ability to perform routine repairs.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a
- Valid Driver's License and willingness to drive Agency vehicle
Keywords: Urban Pathways, Inc., New Rochelle , Facilities Manager, Professions , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!