Director of Fleet Maintenance - Plainview NY
Company: WE Business Management, Inc.
Posted on: March 18, 2023
WE Business Management, Inc.
- Plan, organize, direct and control the activities of the maintenance function in order to maintain a safe, reliable and cost-effective fleet of vehicles and equipment.
- Set the standard for excellence in the maintenance department. Manages the full fleet of school buses, paratransit, light duty vehicles and support equipment within the assigned area, in alignment with Beacon objectives.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with all state and local laws and regulations related to fleet
- Manage the department staff with responsibility for hiring, training, scheduling work assignments, managing performance, disciplining and authorizing overtime
- Develop and maintain department budget to control maintenance costs relating to personnel, purchasing, inventory control and outsourcing of repairs.
- Serve as an integral part of the We Transport team in assuring coordination of efforts of all departments in providing quality service to customers, budget preparation, and goal attainment
- Regularly communicate with operations regarding status of fleet vehicles, and/or other equipment
- Maintain adherence to company policy regarding operations and safety issues. Maintain a safe and productive work environment for all employees. Develop/amend SOP's as needed
- Responsible for the implementation of the preventive maintenance and repair program to ensure vehicle safety and operating efficiency
- Control maintenance costs relating to personnel, purchasing, inventory control and outsourcing of repairs
- Assist in the purchasing of new vehicles, equipment, by providing input regarding vehicle specifications
- Assure all data pertaining to the maintenance operation is available for input into the vehicle maintenance system in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensures compliance with WE Transport goals and KPI's established for maintenance.
- Interact in a professional manner with employees, vendors, suppliers and contractors
- Develop and maintain efficient shop performance standards (standard repair times (SRT's), procedures (SOP's) and policies.
- Create and ensure accuracy of parts inventories and monitory cost versus budget.
- Recommend vehicles for replacement and arrange for necessary disposal or auction and develop and maintain a company asset schedule and all rolling stock.
- Assist in the investigation of, as requested by the Safety Department, vehicle accidents and authorize any repairs or maintenance of company vehicles.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in public administration, business, facility management, facility maintenance, or a related field (preferred)
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in fleet maintenance
- Minimum of 5 yrs. experience in managing a large work group with demonstrated performance as well as managing remote locations
- Specific training and/or extensive experience in maintenance or a related field, preferably in a senior management position, is required.
- Prior experience in supervising, directing, and/or training employees is required.
- Prior experience with Fleet Management Information systems (FMIS)
- Advanced PC Skills - MS Office with an emphasis on Excel. Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technology (Comdata, NetSuite, etc).
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills obtaining buy-in and reaching consensus through collaborative efforts.
- Respond to correspondence (phone, email, etc.) with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness
- Customer oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
Job Type: Full-time
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Plainview, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Fleet management: 10 years (Preferred)
Transportation management: 5 years (Preferred)
We Transport / Towne Bus is a premier Long Island-based school bus company serving districts throughout Nassau and Suffolk Counties, New York City, Westchester County, and Bridgeport, Connecticut.
A major part of our company's repertoire includes special needs transportation and services for wheelchair-bound individuals.%2025488% %%install%%
WE Business Management, Inc.
Keywords: WE Business Management, Inc., New Rochelle , Director of Fleet Maintenance - Plainview NY, Professions , Plainview, New York
here to apply!